Thank you for your interest in applying for a position on the COACE Executive Board as President or Secretary, below is a list of the job requirements. Please read the information below and fill out the form.
Forms must be completed by Friday, March 23rd in order to run for a seat on the board.
The duties of the President shall be:
1. To serve as the chief executive of the organization;
2. To call and preside at all meetings of the general membership, the building representatives, and the Executive Board;
3. To plan the agenda for all meetings in cooperation with the other officers;
4. To represent the position of the Association;
5. To meet with the Superintendent of schools as needed throughout the year as required by the Agreement;
6. To designate Chairs of all committees subject to approval of the Executive Board;
7. To serve as an officious member of any committee except the Nominating and Election Committees;
8. Create and maintain communication with all members.
The duties of the Secretary shall be:
1. To keep records and minutes of all meetings of the Building Representatives, the general membership, and the Executive Board;
2. To publish, with the assistance of the President, an agenda for any meeting;
3. To notify the appropriate members of the date and time of all meetings;
4. To provide copies of minutes of meetings and other communications to all Building Representatives;
5. To maintain a complete file of minutes of all meetings;
6. To be responsible for the safekeeping of all documents pertaining to the organization, its business and affairs, except financial records
If you have any questions, please contact us.
More information can be found in the COACE Constituation.